Rightly dividing scripture… a labor of love.
“Be careful little ears what you hear.”
Which biblical member(s) do these attributes describe?
- Called of God
- Given a Covenant by God
- Obedient to Gods Covenant
- In communion with and worshiping God, truly
- A Witness to the ungodly
- Promised great things
- Living in a land that is not his/theirs, separated, apart
- Given awareness and assurance of the coming destruction of the wicked
- Intercedes with God for the preservation of the righteous
Something to consider — If Abraham is a type of the Church? Who does Lot picture?
(Answer: It can’t be the Church.)
Clue — The survival of three people from the destruction of Sodom is the very definition of a ‘remnant.’
Clue — Lot was not serving God under the Covenant of God.
Clue — Lot was related to Abraham how? A ‘branch’ that wasn’t producing fruit?
We are confounded that these critical insights escape our teachers — in the midst of reading Genesis 18 & 19!
Being Berean means that we don’t let the truth escape our appreciation in favor of following, even fawning over – the men appointed into the role of our teachers.
But we LOVE them none the less!
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Prov. 27:17