“This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.” Is. 30:16
Which will we choose? To draw near to the Lord or walk away?
If you want the Lord in life: Pray with all serious intention from your heart — these kinds of thoughts:
- Jesus, I believe.
- I call on You, the only Son of the one true God: I believe that you lived, then died for my sins and were resurrected from the dead; That you are alive today; That You hear my prayer and welcome me as a Shepard does lost sheep returned to his flock. Thank you, Jesus.
- Lord, in my mind and in my heart I understand and I recognize that I have lived wrongly, terribly. My sin has separated me from you. I am truly sorry. I humble myself at your feet, desperate for your love. Forgive me! My soul longs for your presence in my life.
- I willingly, rationally, of a convicted mind and spirit, choose you over my selfish desires and vices. I submit my will to you; I turn away from my past wicked life, toward you. I choose you, Jesus, to become the Lord, Master and Commander of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this very moment forward. I am yours alone; over ALL others I am yours, and over all things of this world I choose you.
- I believe that I am yours and you are now mine; That you indwell me, are alive in me. I accept and thank you, Jesus, for your forgiveness: freely given to me through your amazing grace and death on the Cross. Thank you. Oh, thank you!
- Cleanse me of my past; wash my filth away. I accept your hand; change me Lord! Shape me and my life to your service as you will. Lead me.
- Quickly , quickly! send your Holy Spirit to teach me; I long to obey you, and desire to do your will for the rest of my life.
- In your holy name Jesus, I pray, Amen.”
Hurray!!! Your new life in Jesus Christ has just begun. It’s going to take faith, and yes there will be trials, but: Welcome to the Family and Kingdom of God! You can now joyfully praise Him and count out loud:
“I am redeemed into the Kingdom of God, His willing servant. I am a slave no more!”
Jesus said “This is the work of God: that you believe in the one He sent.” So bear in mind that mercy and grace are gifts. We can’t earn them by “going, being or doing” – which is to say working for it. We simply believe & receive. And this changes us from the inside out.
Find a Bible-centered church, plug in — share with the pastor what’s happened. Meet the elders, get them to pray with you individually after services or make an appointment to visit with them privately during their church office hours.
You need fellowship and feeding, Child of God.
If we can, let us know how to help you?
Would you let us know that you prayed the prayer? Fill out our Contact Form and we’ll send you a Bible.